Anaerobic Digestion research in Estonia
Estonian universities have started interdisciplinary anaerobic digestion research. Collaborative project takes place from 2010 to 2014.
Optimisation of biochemical processes of anaerobic co-digestion and development of process monitoring and control methods of biogas energy technologies.
Tallinn University of Technology, University of Tartu and Estonian University of Life Sciences have started collaborative research in the field of anaerobic digestion in order to establish integrated laboratory facility, unify the present knowledge for the common purpose and become a reliable partner in international research project. Unified AD process expertise provides solid basis for fast development of efficient biogas production, when appropriate governmental support system is established.
- Application and development of standardized BMP measurement methods
- Optimization of anaerobic co-digestion process
- Municipal WWT plant AD effluent nitrogen removal with ANAMMOX process
- Co-digestion process parameters integrated relations, modeling and application in automation
- Feedstock resource and characteristics for improvement of co-digestion process efficiency
- Establishment of database for digestate characteristics depending on co-digestion feedstock
Peep Pitk (email@example.com; +372 55604106), Chair of Biotechnology, Department of Chemistry, Tallinn University of Technology
Taavo Tenno ( firstname.lastname@example.org; +372 56451930), Institute of Chemistry, Chair of Colloid and Environmental Chemistry, Tartu University
Argo Normak (email@example.com)